The best time to post on Facebook. Boost your Facebook activity with exact time posting
Facebook is now the most trendy and widely used social network in the world. It's no surprise that from one side, you may share entertainment content, and from another sell your products/services and develop your business. It is hard to believe, but most people do not sit on Facebook 24 hours a day and check the news feed for your product or content. This is why we are now discussing when is the best time to post on Facebook. You have an opportunity to boost your sales and have more Facebook friends and clients clearing up the best time to post on Fb.
We looked at the various platforms and approaches they have adopted to discover peak times to post on Facebook.
Note: Facebook changed the policy on the importance of posts in 2019: the priority is given to amateur posts, not sales. This is why it is challenging to promote products without paid ads(even with this option, you should make an effort to place a post at the top.) So it remains to pick out the hottest hours to “hit the target precisely.”
Peak Facebook times as per different platforms
Of course, the best times to post online don’t exist, not to mention that we have more than one time zone in the world. Now let's observe the various Facebook traffic times options.
- Hootsuite is 12 p.m to 3 p.m (not considering the weekends);
- CoSchedule is 1 p.m to 4 p.m;
- Hubspot is 1p.m to 3 p.m(Thursdays + Fridays);
- Sprout Social is 11 a.m to 1 p.m(Wednesdays);
- Buffer is 1 p.m to 3 p.m(weekdays + Saturdays);
- Adweek is 9 a.m to 3 p.m(except for the weekends.)
We identified the Facebook peak hours by analyzing the various peak variations:
- Monday to Wednesday are the best weekdays;
- 10 a.m to 3 p.m are the best hours;
- weekends(especially Sundays) are the worst days;
- in the morning until 9 o'clock and in the evening after 6 o'clock are the slowest traffic on Facebook.
Why so? People are more likely to flip through a news feed during the working day, but not in the evenings and on weekends (if they flip through, they are only searching for entertainment posts, but they are cold to buy your products/services.) If we identify specific hours, you may look at the work breaks themselves: 10-11 a.m, 1-2 p.m, and 4-5 p.m.
The best time to post on Facebook page depending on the working sphere
The CoSchedule and Sprout Social study says that there are ideal times for different work areas.
An optimal time posting for a B2C sector is 10 a.m to 4 p.m on Mondays-Wednesdays (during the office hours breaks.)
An optimal time for the B2B sector is from 9 a.m till 3 p.m on Mondays-Wednesdays.
The media sphere likes to put content on the Facebook news feed as per the news time. So, the peak hours here are 8-9 a.m and 4-5 p.m in the middle of the week.
Here, apart from well-known working hours (education hours is no exception), Saturdays are also ideal for getting educational content. In general, even business people are trying to get another education base. Those who are busy on weekdays take Saturdays to raise their skills. On weekdays, it is 9 a.m to 3 p.m; 1 p.m to 5 p.m on Saturday.
The ideal time here is the morning. So, place your technology content from 9 to 11 a.m.
The best time to post videos on Facebook
I can't identify the perfect time here. But while posting a video, try to bear in mind the following things:
- a vast number of people watch the video when they have enough free time;
- they need only 30 sec to decide whether or not to continue watching the video. Try to interest busy people to watch it till the end;
- a vast number of people watch a video without a sound. So, insert into a video a text or visual effects for every person to understand the video content better.
The ideal time is
- from 9 till 11 a.m, when a majority of people are preparing to start a working day;
- from 12 to 2 p.m, when a vast number of people have a lunch break. They want to relax and dispense with the reading.
No posts in the evenings and especially after 10 p.m. because the coverage will be small.
The best time to post ads on Facebook
The essential thing is to be aware of your audience accurately and then point out the exact time of its activity. For example, if you sell swimming costumes, summer(especially an early one) is your best time. Develop a precise strategy of what you are selling, for whom, and when these people may purchase your goods. On average, it is a break between work and the end of the working day(10-11 a.m, 1-2 p.m, and 4-5 p.m.)
The appropriate ad content at the right time can lead to excellent results.
The best time to post pictures on Facebook
Pictures are not as time-critical as video and ads. But there are also peculiarities and preferences. A picture post is an ideal content for every Facebook user because this content is easily perceived, can be viewed under any conditions(without sounds, in a rush-hour, etc.)
It is worth posting pictures:
- at breaks hours between work(10-11 a.m, 1-2 p.m);
- from 4-6 p.m for people who come back to home and spent their time on the road;
- on weekends in the middle of the day;
- in the evenings from 9-10 p.m.
Lifehack to determine the ideal time for your audience
Explore the Facebook Insights tool to know your audience better with the help of analytic.
In what way?
- switch to Insight and pick out “Reach” on the left;
- examine the graphic you notice, where you may find more about your audience traffic hours, your best posts, and messages.