# hyperlinks are of great importance when you are aiming at growing your popularity on IG. This tool, which seems so simple, is capable of bringing thousands of likes and no fewer follows. If applied in the right way, of course.
Here, just in any other strategy, timing and relevance are vital — your hashtags should be in trend. Used at the right time, in the right way, hashtags perform better. That’s an axiom.
Check what the most popular hashtags are!
Why use hashtags for Instagram?
Instagram is huge, literally enormous, and there are millions of users who publish their content every day or more often. That’s why the first and prime benefit of hashtags for Instagram — a grouping of content. Every post you accompany with a particular tag becomes easier to find. People search content by hashtags. It’s convenient. On top of all, it saves time.
Out of this, a new benefit arises: the more streamlined the search of your content is, the wider its reach becomes. It means that since you start to leverage the most popular hashtags (the ones by which people search more often), more people see it. Thus, you get more recognition and love, more fans and supporters.
Note, you’d better place not only for popular Instagram hashtags— niche tags are widely used and valued. They are used primarily by businesses to raise public awareness, promote an enterprise, or a certain goods/service popularity. Niche tags are less popular hashtags on Instagram since they are a bit narrower, thematic, however, bring no less advantage.
The 25 most popular Instagram hashtags
The most popular hashtags on Instagram are the following ones:
Why is using only trending Instagram
hashtags wrong approach?
Yes, this trick will turn our hashtagging around! Think about it — most popular Instagram hashtags are used incredibly often. Imagine, #love is used 1,72 billion times. It turns out people are so romantic, aww!
Every 2 seconds, a new post with #love appears. That means that using it, you take the risk to leave your post lost among other twin-posts. As a result, your post remained unnoticed, unliked, and your profile not followed.
So what Instagram hashtags strategy will be the most advantageous?
First rule: Use all the possibilities — there are 30 of them. The rule a la you need to put 2-3 top hashtags today, no more, is rubbish. But using all 30 trending hashtags on Instagram today will bring you just a couple of likes. So we’ve come to the second rule.
Second rule: Combine top hashtags for Instagram with less trending Instagram hashtags — more thematic, more relevant, niche ones if possible. Thus, you will attract the target audience — like-minded people or ones who will be interested in the content you publish.
Third rule: Change the popular hashtags Instagram you used to another in an hour after publishing and gathering first likes. Then, change them once again in a couple of hours, and again. It’s easy as Instagram allows editing posts as many times as you want. Consequently, you will grab as much attention as possible.
Fourth rule: Be bolder! Use hashtags in different languages. It will attract a wider international audience. No one will dare to say that your followers are just your mom and granddaddy.
Fifth rule: Add space before inserting most popular Insta tags or put them in the first comment. Your tags should not distract readers or annoy them. It would be better if your hashtags do not arrest the attention of your profile visitors.
Sixth rule: Use different tags each time you publish something. Thus, you won’t be too annoying — Instagrammers like it. Moreover, IG won’t penalize you for spamming that way. Moreover, you can track dynamics, find out which tags perform better in your case.
You’ve already discovered top hashtags for Instagram for yourself. This selection will change a little with every passing day. However, there is a trend, a tendency which you can trace if you use IG often — there are topics-hashtags which perform better just because of the very nature of Instagram. Can you guess?
These are the beauty&fashion topic, travels, and food! The Instagram world loves pictures, very beautiful pictures. And what can be more visually attractive if not high fashion, marvelous models, countries, delicious meals? Right, nothing!
Track trending hashtags and get success!
Learn what tags are in trend today, for the last 7 days, a month and of all times.
Click any hashtag and get its ultimate analytics and insight. Use the info to work out the best promo strategy!
Don’t forget about the best hashtags following!
Do you remember that since recently you got the chance to follow top hashtags Instagram offers to see a few cool posts each week. That’s a great chance of yours — to be shown in users’ feeds.
However, remember, people, follow hashtags on Instagram to see the posts they are interested in. Do not make them disappointed in irrelevant content. To leave a positive impression, always put the best hashtags that suit the context. Otherwise, people can report your content, and it will affect your rating badly.
Well, now you know what I know. Use this knowledge wisely:)
Stop wasting time.
Come up with tags instantly!
How to approach popular Instagram hashtags?
1. First thing you need to do is to do research:
- Your audience;
- Your competitors;
- Industry leaders.
Go through the profiles of your competitors and potential clients just to look at what tags they use and what are the most trending hashtags there. Remember them or to simplify the search, use Hashtags Generator.
2. Pick the hashtags according to the rules mentioned above. While posting your photos, follow the rules I taught you. It will help you to increase the reach of your publications and the number of impressions.
3. See the post analytics to check hashtag performance. If you run a Creator or Business account, under each post, you will find the button ‘View Insights’. There you will see what number of impressions your hashtags brought you. If the numbers are big, you do everything right, if not, see the last point.
4. Modify strategy if you see that the results are not satisfying enough. Find what is better for yourself, do not copy other people’s strategy thoughtlessly. Decrease the number of popular hashtags, replacing them with more specific ones or vice versa, put them more.
Top hashtags for your Stories
Do not forget to use hashtags in your Stories. It is an amazing opportunity to promote your account quickly.
- Create a story;
- Tap Aa to add a text, enter # and start entering your tag, the app will give you top Instagram hashtags hints to choose;
- There is a trick, you can make your hashtags invisible by choosing the same color of the text as a background. Thus, nobody will be destructed by it, and your Story will be promoted.
Delegate the search for most performative hashtags
for your posts and Stories
to smart Hashtags Generator
How to find top Instagram hashtags for your niche?
Before you come up with the proper tag use strategy, you need to do an IG hashtag research and find the proper hashtag groups which will be relevant and, what is of great importance, working.
So it would be best if you had such a combination of tags that will work ‘as a team,’ whatever strange it sounds. How to find these working together hashtags for your niche?
There are two methods to find the top Instagram hashtags for your niche fast.
Method #1 – Easiest and fastest
1. Go to Hashtag generator;
2. Enter 1-5 keywords describing your niche. Click submit and generate;
3. You will see the 3 columns with top hashtags, less popular hashtags, and rare hashtags;
4. Click checkmark near the Frequent. The first 30 of top hashtags will be added to the results window;
5. Click copy and paste to your post or to your hashtags spreadsheet.
Method #2 – Better but more time-consuming
1. Go to Hashtag finder;
2. Enter 3-5 keywords that describe your business;
3. Click 3-5 hashtags that will be the same as your keywords;
4. Click the first one and see this hashtag analytics;
5. Scroll down to Related Hashtags;
6. Click checkmarks near all of them and copy;
7. Then do the same for the remaining tags.
Thus, you get the list of best Instagram hashtags related to your sphere. Always combine these most used hashtags with more specific tags. Or you can get a hint at Frequently posted together hashtags section while analyzing any tag you would enter.